What is AAHA-accreditation?
Most pet owners do not know what it means for a veterinary hospital to be AAHA-accredited. It means a lot about the care your pet will receive and the trust you can place in the accredited hospital. It means that the accredited hospital, its doctors and staff have gone the extra mile to provide quality, caring, and professional services to you and your pet.
The American Animal Hospital Association is the only organization that accredits animal hospitals throughout the U.S. and Canada. AAHA-accredited hospitals voluntarily choose to be evaluated on over 800 standards in the following areas: quality of care; diagnostic and pharmacy; management;medical records; and facility. To promote healthier pets, AAHA has gathered its veterinary resources to create an extensive pet health care resource, HealthyPet.com.
At HealthyPet.com pet owners can access:
- Convenient AAHA-accredited animal hospital locator
- Comprehensive articles dedicated to dogs, cats and exotic pets
- Answers to frequent questions concerning pet diseases and illnesses
- An AAHA-accredited animal hospital tour
- Updates to the recent pet food recalls
- Behavioral tips to enhance the human-pet bond
Please go to HealthyPet.com to experience AAHA’s extensive pet health care resource or to share your experience with an AAHA-accredited hospital.